We are committed to providing an environmentally focused business by continually improving our daily operations with “green” on our mind.
Eastern Surfaces is Thinking Green
Our environmental practices include:
- Saving thousands of gallons of water per year by ensuring that 99% of the water in our fabrication plant is recycled.
- Reducing our waste by maximizing the material usage of the slabs with our state-of-the-art water jet equipment used to more accurately cut slabs.
- Creating remnant programs for smaller projects such as sills, vanity tops, wall caps, etc.
- Retooling and reusing all our diamond tooling equipment.
- Digital templating – using computer technology eliminates the use of wood and plastic sheets for on-site templates, thereby saving trees.
- Using eco-friendly products such as Cambria Quartz Surfacing, which is Green Guard Certified for indoor air quality. Cambria also has the smallest “carbon footprint” of any other imported quartz products.
- Using Forest Stewardship Council(FSC) certified paper for collateral and sales material.
Future goals include having dealers order online through our web portal to eliminate paper waste. It’s just the beginning, but we’re always looking to improve our processes to ensure our operations are as environmentally friendly as possible.
What can Eastern Surfaces do for you? Contact us today for a project quote, a copy of our company magazine or more information on our products and services.